Sometimes A Complete Pond Renovation Is All You Need
Transform Your Yard On A Large Scale…
Just Add Water was contacted in the fall of 2011 to help with an existing water feature. The home
owner said that his large pond had been a problem ever since it was built. We get these kind of calls
a lot. At the onsite consultation, Chris Thompson from Just Add Water identified several areas in the
feature that were causing the problems, such as multiple leak areas, inadequate filtration, poor circulation,
and unartistic boring rock placement. Solutions were explored, and once the homeowner realized the upgrades available to not only his pond but his entire backyard, a complete tear out and rebuild was in order.
The job began in the spring of 2012. Over a hundred tons of stone was brought in and skillfully set to create this masterpiece located in Urbandale Iowa. The pond size was tripled and additional water fall areas were constructed so that there could be more enjoyment from the existing patio area.
A flagstone path follows the pond and stream and includes 2 stone bridges so the feature can be enjoyed and interacted with from many different areas. The pond was built around the existing paver brick patio with the outdoor fireplace and the existing concrete block retaining walls.
The new water feature included:
- A rain water harvest system to eliminate the need for water to be replaced from evaporation.
- An advanced wetland plant and gravel filter to increase water quality
- Multiple water fall areas.
- Stone Bridges
- Cut Granite Stepping Stones
- Jet system to improve circulation and increase interaction with the pond koi
- Large machine size boulders
- A “lazy river” (deep stream)
- Flagstone paths and stone stairs
- LED Pond and waterfall Lighting
The goal of the project was to provide the home owner and their guests with a subversive interactive experience. The bridges, viewing stone placements, jet system, and Led lighting make this a reality.
This is a one of a kind custom water feature. A project like this can cost $100,000 or more.